What are the Benefits of Electric Cars?
You might know about the environmental benefits of electric cars, but did you know about the lower maintenance costs and heavy-duty torque? Many drivers in Scranton and Lehighton are surprised by the many benefits of electric cars, so Bergey's Kia of Wilkes-Barre is here to keep you informed! Get to know why so many Stroudsburg drivers are making the switch, and be sure to check out our electric inventory at Larksville!
Benefits of Electric Vehicles
From the innovative technology to the emission-free performance, there are tons of benefits of electric vehicles that are sure to enhance your daily driving experience. Here are just a few of the most popular reasons why drivers make the decision to go electric:
- Zero Emissions: One of the biggest environmental benefits of electric cars is the lack of tailpipe emissions. No exhaust system means no exhaust, which means cleaner air all around.
- Renewable Energy: Another environmental benefit of electric cars is the potential for renewable energy. Since EV models use pure electricity, they can take advantage of renewable resources like solar and wind.
- Reduced Maintenance: EV powertrains are much simpler in design and easier to maintain. And since there’s no combustion engine present, you can say goodbye to routine oil changes.
- Quieter Drive: One major benefit of electric vehicles that surprises drivers is the lack of road noise. Combustion engines create more noise than you realize, so your electric car will feel whisper-quiet by comparison.
- Performance: There’s no need to sacrifice performance when you make the switch to green technology. EV models provide near-instantaneous torque, which means you’ll get all the thrill you need on the road!
What to Do Before Buying an EV
Before you take home that Kia EV6, how can you prepare your house for electric car ownership? Another one of the biggest benefits of electric cars is the potential to refuel from home. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Prepare Your Garage: Choose between the slower Level 1 or quicker Level 2 charging setups, and have your at-home charging system installed. This is usually your main method of EV charging.
- Find Local Charging Stations: Look up maps from companies like PlugShare or Chargeway, as well as any brand-specific chargers, and look for charging stations along your everyday routes. You can also use this method to find charging stations along the way when you travel.
- Explore Incentives: Don’t forget to look up potential state and federal incentives for electric car ownership. Many drivers can secure up to a $7,500 tax credit just by buying an electric car!
Find Out More about Electric Cars at Bergey's Kia of Wilkes-Barre
We’ve gone over just a few of the benefits of electric vehicles, but there’s plenty more to explore at Bergey's Kia of Wilkes-Barre. Contact us in Larksville to learn more about hybrid and electric options, or stop by our showroom to get behind the wheel!
More from Bergey's Kia of Wilkes-Barre
Bold, efficient, and incredibly affordable, there’s no question why the Kia Soul is a perennial favorite in Scranton and beyond. If you’re thinking about upgrading your commute with this versatile crossover, you’ll be pleased to know that the 2023 model is here and has everything you need for unforgettable drives in Lehighton. Below, the team…
Known for its bold, eye-catching design and jaw-dropping performance on Scranton roads, the Kia Forte proves you don’t have to spend a fortune for a racetrack-inspired driving experience. So, what is the Kia Forte GT 0 to 60 time? What about the Kia Forte GT-Line? Bergey's Kia of Wilkes-Barre has all the details below. If you have…
You likely know the EV6 as the new fully-electric high-performance vehicle from Kia, but did you know that it also features spacious Kia EV6 dimensions? When you take advantage of the Kia EV6 seating capacity of up to five,and combine it with a cabin that is filled with features, you’re going to get to enjoy…